Thursday, February 12, 2009

Follow traffic laws. Follow the law.

In case you haven't read the book "12 Little Things Every Filipino Can Do To Help Our Country" by Alexander Lacson, then you are missing a lot. Indeed, every Filipino should observe the 12 little things Mr. Lacson had pointed out.

12 Little Things by Mr.Lacson are as follows:
  1. Follow traffic laws. Follow the law.
  2. Whenever you buy or pay for anything, always ask for an official receipt.
  3. Don’t buy smuggled goods. Buy local. Buy Filipino.
  4. When you talk to others, especially foreigners, speak positively about us and our country.
  5. Respect your traffic officers, policemen and soldiers.
  6. Do not litter, dispose your garbage properly. Segregate. Recycle. Conserve.
  7. Support your church.
  8. During elections, do your solemn duty.
  9. Pay your employees well.
  10. Pay your taxes.
  11. Adopt a scholar or a poor child.
  12. Be a good parent. Teach your kids to follow the law and to love our country.

Since I bought the book, I have been more cautious when driving. Though I was not trained at a driving school, I forced myself to read and learn more about defensive driving which is NEVER practiced here as I see it. What I have read is very far from reality, but I still believe we can change that. I loathe driving in Manila, but I am very optimistic and hopeful that if we drive defensively and follow traffic rules, everything will change. Transportation and driving will be safer, efficient and stress-free for motorists and pedestrians alike.

Here is how every Filipino should drive. Follow this link: http://www.lto.gov.ph/tips.html, download the document and print it out. Put a copy on your car, around your house and read it. Drive safe!

Onchie
We Can Change.

No comments: